Brrrrrrrrr, stupid adware, still sick

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! A cold front moved through here yesterday, and when Matthew and I went out to the bus stop this morning it was only 40°F! Quite a change! Went from not even needing a jacket some mornings, to shivering in a winter coat. I'll be glad when Daylight Saving Time ends. At least then the sun will have had a bit more time to get up - for a week or two anyway until the days get that much shorter again. :-p

I spent most of the day today trying to clean some stupid adware off my pc. I have no idea where I picked it up. One day last week while I was eating lunch and not even AT my computer, my BHO Demon went nuts, but whatever set it off had "disappeared" by the time I went to check it. I've been getting these annoying pop-unders ever since then and Ad-Aware and Spybot Search & Destroy didn't take care of it (but I did find out in the process that although I was checking for new updates of those programs, there were actually whole new versions of both of them out that the little update checkers fail to tell you about - grrrrr). Anyway, after poking around and trying a lot of stuff, I finally found a recommendation in a forum on Geeks to Go to fix a similar problem using the trial version of Spy Sweeper, so I installed and ran that and I think it took care of it. I haven't had anymore since. Keeping my fingers crossed. Something I did today screwed up my message rules for Outlook though. Even though they're still there, they're not running. sigh.

I think I spoke too soon about getting over whatever bug this is that I have. For the last few days I've felt more or less fine for most of the day, and then late in the afternoon I just hit a wall - no energy, tired, achy, upset stomcah, sore throat... just basically want to crawl into bed and hide from the world. Not fun. In fact, I think I'm going to go crawl back into bed right now.

Comments