Fender follow-up, and monitor news.

When I bend a fender, I really do it right. :-b  Mark took the car in for an estimate on Monday.  It’s going to take four days to fix and cost $1300. Fortunately, our insurance covers bonehead things like this, and we will only be out $250 plus a little bit of the rental car cost above what we’re covered for.  Hopefully, our insurance rates won’t go up.

In my nearly 22 years of driving (boy does that make me feel old), I think this is only the second time I’ve done damage to a car where it was my fault.  The other time was about 12 years ago.  It involved a rental car and a parking garage and a ginormous truck that had a winch hook sticking out of the front end of it. I was backing up that time too. :-b

I took Matthew in for his blood draw yesterday morning.  He was a little nervous, but did great, just like last time.  Hopefully, he’ll remember next time that it wasn’t so bad and won’t worry himself so much.  I’m not sure when we’ll get the results back.

I finally got my replacement monitor!  Woo hoo!  They actually tried to deliver it Monday morning while I was out picking up Kaylee from school.  We get deliveries all the time, and I don’t think they’ve ever come that early before.  So I called and made sure they would come later on Tuesday.  I got it at about 2:30 that afternoon.  It’s all set up, and the old one is boxed up and ready to go to UPS.  

I had actually gotten used to my small monitor, and am amazed and how “dingy” the display looks now compared to the LCD.  But since I don’t need the higher res on the CRT monitor anymore, I was able to bump it back down, and between that and the large LCD, I’m no longer squinting and straining to try to read!  I can feel my eyes saying “aaaaaaaaah”. :-)

I left Kaylee playing and watching TV in the family room while I was in Mark’s office boxing up the old monitor this morning.  I noticed when I came back to the kitchen, that a package with a few leftover cookies I’d left open on the counter was now mysteriously empty.  Seems we have a 3½-foot tall, 38-pound mouse. ;-)

I finally knocked out that kit.  I picked a vintage fruit crate label from one of my Dover books and used that as a starting point.  As is almost always the case, it ended up being a bigger kit than I originally intended, but I’m pretty happy with the way it turned out.  And I’m running a ridiculously easy challenge to give it away, so lots of people will get it. :-)

Anyway, now that that’s out of the way and the birthday madness is over (other than helping Matthew write thank you notes), I’m feeling much more relaxed. Now I just need to get onto my sponsor layouts, and my mega kit contribution, and work on my web site, and do some housework, and work on updating our account records, and do some filing, and fill out some overdue insurance paperwork, and… ;-)


Tania said…
Hehe, you're to-do list sounds like mine! So glad you got your monitor :)
Natalie said…
Kim! Nice to find your blog - plus, it's great! Sorry about the fender - sounds like you really got it good. I'd love to catch up with you sometime. :)