A magical guest

Did you ever notice that the more you clean, the more dirt and disorder you find? I spent a good 6-8 hours cleaning this weekend and found that once I cleaned up the really blatantly awful areas, the stuff that had only been moderately messy before, which had been disguised by the bigger messes, then appeared glaringly obvious. Every time I’d think I was close to being done, I’d add something else to my list.  Finally, I just ran out of time.  But I got the main stuff done, and our guest either didn’t notice the rest or was too polite to say so. :-b

Speaking of our guest (magician Shawn Farquhar), he was a really great guy – engaging, funny, and more than a bit talkative. ;-)  He and Mark got in after the kids were in bed last night, but they took an instant liking to him this morning, and he enthusiastically talked to and entertained them for almost the entire two hours before he had to leave. I think the kids showed him just about all their toys.  He even knew all about all of Kaylee’s princess stuff, since he has a 5 year old daughter of his own. I was really impressed. Oh, and he did some cool magic too. :-)  Mark shot some video of Matthew getting his second ever magic lesson from a world-class professional magician.  Priceless.

It’s going to be a busy week.  I really think Matthew is still having occasional seizures, so I have a doctor’s appointment for him tomorrow.  While we’re there, we’re also going to get Kaylee’s wicked case of sniffles checked out.  Wednesday afternoon is Matthew’s dental check-up.  Thursday is Matthew’s birthday, which means I have to have cupcakes ready to send to school that morning.  It also just happens to be teacher conference day, and we’ve got the first slot in the morning, so Matthew and I will have to haul our cupcakes over to the school at 7am, and then I’ll have to rush back home to take Kaylee to school.  Friday night my moms’ group is having a night out.  Saturday morning one of Matthew’s classmates is having a birthday party.  Sunday afternoon is Matthew’s party.

Then on to my creative team stuff.  I need to post my three layouts that were in the newsletter that came out yesterday.  I’ve got a challenge starting on the 25th (I think - need to double-check and see what day I signed up for) and the kit I’m working on for it is just not “flowing”.  I may end up trashing it and starting over.  I’ve got sponsor kits out the wazoo just waiting for me to download.  I haven’t even had time to do that yet, let alone think about layouts to create with them.  Luckily, there’s still plenty of time for that, as well as starting work on next month’s mega kit.

But right now, since the kids go back to school tomorrow, I need to wrap this up and start getting ready for bed!

Comments

Tania said…
Oh you are busy! How fun for Matthew getting that magic lesson. I got the sponsor stuff downloaded, but haven't cracked them open one bit!