The party's over.

Back to life, back to reality, back to the here and now… I totally have this song running through my head now. (It’s by Soul II Soul if that’s going to drive you nuts wondering like it did me.)

I woke up at 5:18 this morning, totally alert, too stressed to go back to sleep. After a while I gave up trying and just got up. It was actually nice to be up a for a bit while the house was still quiet.

Matthew’s Chuck E. Cheese party was this afternoon. It was a rainy, miserable day. I’m so glad we didn’t plan anything weather-dependant. We had 10 kids (not counting ours) RSVP and 10 showed up, although one who RSVP’ed didn’t show (his sister was sick), and one who didn’t RSVP came. So it was all good. It was the usual games/pizza/Chuckie/cake/gifts/games frenzy. One little girl gave Matthew his gift out in the game area and never made it to the table. I went and found her when it was time for pizza, and again before cake, but she didn’t want anything. She just wanted to play. By not coming to the table, she never even got her cup of tokens. Her dad must have left her well-stocked. LOL I barely had time to eat anything, and I’m not sure how many decent pictures I got, since it was crowded and hard to get around, but the kids had a blast, so I guess that’s all that matters. :-)

I was planning to take Matthew in for his blood draw to check his med level tomorrow morning, but he’s still having seizures, and I didn’t think to ask whether that made a difference. So I’m going to hold off a day and check with the doctor first to see what he says.

I’m more or less over the car thing (I think), but I’m still completely on edge right now. I feel like I’ve had about 18 pots of coffee (not that I drink coffee), instead of one measly soda. I feel like my arms are shaking, but they’re not. I hate feeling this way.

I’m going to go take another whack at this kit I haven’t really started yet that I need to have done in a couple of days. Eeek. Wish me luck!

Back to life, back to reality, back to the here and now…

Comments

Tania said…
I totally remember that song! LOL. Funny, it will stay in my head all day :p
Francine said…
That sucks, about the car fender :-(

LOL at the description of Matthews party. Franks was today. Just likelast year, I swear this was the last time I am doing this at home.

Curious to see your kit!!!