A little announcement

Nick-nick-nick-a-nicka-nicka-nicka-nicka-Nickelodeon.  The Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards are on this coming Saturday.  They’ve been running an ad with host Jack Black doing this little one-man (three-man? it’s three images of him) a cappella number singing that little ditty, and I just cannot get it out of my head.  I often burst out singing it for no apparent reason, much to my kids’ chagrin.  They don’t seem to think I’m quite as talented as Jack Black. :-b

Our annual TOPS banquet was Monday night.  Nothing fancy, just a casual dinner at a local steakhouse.  They pass out a few awards and install the new officers.  One of the little awards was just a fun thing where everyone wrote in people for this huge list of categories.  The leader made little certificates with what everyone was nominated as, and read them off to the group.  They were mostly sweet and supportive and somewhat serious.  As she was reading mine, one of the last ones was “Chatty Kathy”.  The room just roared with laughter.  I am a very quiet person, just more of a listener and a thinker than a speaker, so it was too funny when she read that off.  I think I’m going to be stuck with that nickname for a while. :-b

Matthew lost his first two teeth last summer, but hadn’t lost any more since.  Well, one of his top front teeth started loosening up a couple of months ago, and in that time he has developed positively enormous gaps on either side of both his front teeth.  You’d swear he’d lost those side teeth.  Both front teeth have been extremely loose for the last several days, and last night at dinner the left one finally fell out. He didn’t even notice it had come out.  I just looked up and it was gone.  Mark found it on Matthew’s plate in his ketchup. LOL  The other tooth I’m sure will go in the next day or two.  That kid is going to have one huge adorable 7-year-old gap! :-)

I discovered a new time-sucker thanks to someone on my moms’ board.  Apparently, I have been living under a rock, because I’d never heard of Soduko.  This puzzle is just so “my thing”.  I don’t like it quite as well as my cross sums, but since those aren’t really available online, this is much more of a temptation right now.  I lost count of how many times I told myself  “just one more” yesterday.

I can’t believe April is almost here.  I really need to get cracking on my April CT stuff.  I’ve only done one of my six sponsor layouts, and am supposed to be working on a prize kit.  As the elements team leader, I spend so much time organizing and whip-cracking ;-) that I don’t have as much time to design, so my prize requirement is optional (I think that’s an oxymoron), but it just feels weird to me to tell my team to do it and not do it myself. LOL

So now for the announcement part of this rather random post.  I’ve also been busy getting ready to go commercial with my designs.  Jeanine very generously invited me a while back to sell at ScrapDish.  I hadn’t wanted to say anything about it, since I’m rather nervous about taking this step, but the other day Jeanine outed me to the group there, so I guess I might as well confess. LOL  ScrapDish is such a great site, and I’m really looking forward to working more with this awesome bunch of women, many of whom I already know fairly well through RAKScraps.  I’ve been sloooooowly working on putting my first kit together to go up there, and want to do another before I actually get started selling, so it may be a while before it moves forward, but I’ve been spending so much time lately working on stuff and trying to sort out details (and pestering Jeanine), that I just felt weird to keep pretending it wasn’t happening.  I’m sure I’ll probably be one of the lowest volume designers of the group, but I think it will be a lot of fun.  So wish me luck. :-)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Kim you don't give yourself enough credit, I know you'll be a big hit!! So glad you are joining Scrapdish!

And now I have visions of Jack Black and Nickelodeon!!
Unknown said…
Honestly, Kim, your design powers intimidate me! I think you'll be a great addition to The Dish, and I'm so glad you're joining us!

I'm a sudoku junkie too. Thanks for the site - now I have a new time waster. :P
karin said…
Kim, that's no little announcement! :o) COngrats and enjoy ... as far as the 7 year old gap - pictures, please!

Love the Nick song ... now it;s in my head!
Robin said…
I used to sing that nick nick nick all the time when I was a kid. Used to make my mom nuts because she wouldn't let us watch it!

I am so excited that you're joining us at Scrapdish! And you're going to be a HIT! (Your DODs already are!) I can't wait to see what you're working on!
woohooo!!!! That is Awesome Kim! coooollll!

nick nick nickkkkkkk. lol
Priscilla said…
Yay!! I'm on the scrapdish ct so I can't wait to be able to play with your kits!! You are an awesome addition to their team!!
Aww, I wanna see jack black singing nic, nak.....lol - he actually scares me a little with some of his facial expressions.....lol
Okay I'm gonna leave the soduko to you - I am really, really bad at maths and I've tried soduko (just to see what all the hype was about) and it just wasn't fun for me - perhaps if I had a more mathmatical brain - but I'm a count on fingers kind of girl....I wish I wasn't but somehow that maths gene just didn't attach itself to me!
Priscilla said…
oh, I forgot about Matthews teeth - I want to see pictures too - love those toothless grins!!
Natalie said…
Kim! Congratulations! I am so proud to say that I know you (wait, can I say that?)! :) I'll certainly be on the lookout for your designs. :)

And can't wait to see pictures of Matthew's new smile, too.

I'll have to check out Soduko, but dude, I cannot handle anymore distractions in my life.... LOL
Anonymous said…
YAY! We are so glad to have you on board Kim! :)