The big event approaches...

So, the magic convention that Mark is talent chairman for is finally almost here. After a year and a half of planning and organizing, several extended "discussions" with the other committee members to get them to see his vision of how things could be, contracts and schedules, advertising and program design, and gazillions of emails and phone calls, it all comes down to this weekend. I did get roped into helping him with a little bit of it, but he's worked so hard on this. I really hope it all goes smoothly.

He'll be down at the hotel all weekend. My folks arrive tomorrow, and my dad and I are going to take Matthew down to the evening shows while Kaylee and my mom stay at the house for some girl time. Kaylee was very upset that she's not old enough to go, but I'm sure she'll have fun with my mom, and I've bought her some special presents for each night to help make up for her not getting to go.

My folks will be staying for about a week and a half, so I may be a bit more MIA than usual while they're here. Right now I'm just trying to get the house ready in among all the usual errands and schoolwork and designing and such. And since I still don't have a maid or magical powers, that means I have to go scrub the guest bath now. :-b

Comments

jane said…
good luck to your husband! sounds like he deserves to have this wkend go well!! when you eventually do get your magical powers, can you come visit me????
Priscilla said…
wow - that sounds exciting!! Are you allowed to take photos during the show? It would be fun to do some magic show layouts!

Sorry about the bathroom - I too stand in my bathroom and wiggle my nose with no results!!
karin said…
the magic show sounds really fun, and I bet Matthew will enjoy! I hope Kaylee has a fabulous "girl time" with grammy!

Love the magic power wish you have for cleaning ..... I think you should talk to the chairman of the event, he may have some extra powers for you?! ;O)
Natalie said…
LOL at Priscilla's comment about wiggling her nose - I *so* used to love Bewitched!

Yeah, you know, for someone who is a self-professed messie, my house is surprisingly ...not bad. I hope it's all rubbed off on me and remains even after we sell our house (if we ever do - now THAT's where I could use some magic, lol!).

Hope the weekend goes perfectly for everyone!
Anonymous said…
Wow, that sounds exciting!! Good luck to him and to you!!!
Francine said…
Have a GREAT time! it sounds *so* fun!
Angela said…
"And since I still don't have a maid or magical powers, that means I have to go scrub the guest bath now. :-b"

BWAHAHAAAAAAA!