Poppin' New Products, general chitchat :)

Should I do one of those typical "I'm a bad blogger" posts? LOL Once a month is ridiculous. :-b I'll try to keep this short (and really most of the past month is a complete blur, so I'd have to try pretty hard to come up with much to say anyway).

::: New products :::

I've been having lots of fun playing with pop top pull tabs. I've had the idea kind of floating around in my head (bumping into things in there, which leads to extreme disorientation LOL) for quite a while, and then when Matthew's karate school started collecting pop tops for the Ronald McDonald house, it was just the push I needed.

The first set hit the store last month.


And then this one went up last night.

The latest one is on sale 25% off!

I think I might still do one more set, but it would require a different technique, and I haven't played with it yet, so I'll have to see if it turns out. :)

::: A Charity Kit :::

I also did another RAKScraps Mega-Kit Add-On contribution. The proceeds from this month's kit are going to benefit the Susan G. Komen foundation in honor of Robin's aunt and grandmother, who are both breast cancer survivors.
See details here.


::: Home life :::

We're all basically doing fine. We took the kids in for their flu shots on Saturday. They've now reversed rolls. Matthew usually freaks out, while Kaylee doesn't even flinch. Well this time he did fine and she had a complete meltdown before they even got anywhere near her with the needle. Sigh.

Matthew had his karate testing tonight and is now a Camo (camouflage) belt! I haven't downloaded my pictures yet, but you can more or less just take the ones from a couple of posts down, make them darker due to the time of year, replace his orange belt with yellow, and yellow belt with camo. LOL I'm bracing myself waiting to find out how much his sparring gear is going to cost, but he's beyond excited.

Kaylee's doing fine other than being plagued by seasonal allergies, but she handles it pretty well, although she has been especially moody lately. She and I spent about 4-5 hours cleaning her room on Sunday. It was beyond disaster, so I was surprised we got through it all, but it looks great now. Hopefully, she'll keep it that way for quite a while. I really should have taken before and after pictures. I told Matthew we're doing his room next. He doesn't have nearly as much trash everywhere, but I think it's going to be harder to get him to move quickly and agree to get rid of stuff.

The company Mark works for was sold last week, or at least the sale was started. We've known it was coming for quite a while, just not who the buyer would be, which, of course, was a bit unsettling. So far, it seems like it will be ok for him job-wise, at least for the immediate future, so that's good news. Also in company news, Mark was asked to perform a magic show for their company picnic recently. He had a lot of fun doing it, it went well overall, and he's now "famous" at the company. LOL Of course, I got roped into helping him put together a large sign that was a major prop for his act. What would he do without his own private graphic designer? ;)

I'm sure there have been a least a few more things this past month that I should have blogged about, but that's all I can think of right now, and I did say I'd try to keep this short, so I think I'll call it a night before I remember another couple of screens' worth! :)

Comments

karin said…
kim, good to see you ... the kits are wonderful, and really creative! I have been meaning to ask you this: remember way back when we used to bend and maneuver gum wrappers to make a rope link? (I think it was Wrigley's - did you do that?) I was thinking about that the other day and wondering if anyone I know can remember how to do that ... maybe you can "create that" in digi form? Hey, a new creative project, if nothing else ... lol!

Glad to hear the sale won't drastically affect your hubby and you. That's always disheartening, isn't it?

sorry about the flu shot -- i haven't done that with my kids (knockingonwoodherefeverishly) and hopefully won't need to ... sorry she wasn't pleased.

oh, i love purging kids rooms! :O) hope Matthew cooperates with you!