BOTCT Round 4 Layout!

The voting for round 4 is not open yet, but I finished my layout way early, so I thought I'd go ahead and post it. :)

For this round we had to make a layout "lifting" features of other layouts by two of our teammates. I lifted Robin's (rmcabana) "Good Girl" (camera angle, toes popping out, lacing inspired by stitching on mat) and Melinda's (mmbstaley) "Rainbow Row" (title work, general composition). I love the way the layout turned out, especially the title and photo. And the models worked cheap... just a little extra dessert! LOL

(Click on it to see it bigger.)

Journaling: The older you two get, the more you seem to fight. Maybe it’s the gender difference, maybe it’s the age difference, maybe it’s just normal sibling rivalry. I don’t know, but whatever it is, it drives me up the wall. And then there are occasions when you are so sweet to each other and get along perfectly, and no one would guess that you ever have even the slightest flash of conflict. It’s those moments that make all the rest bearable. Thank goodness for those moments.

Credits -
Kit: Eclectic Scraps by Jessica Bolton's "Pastiche for the Boys | Full Collection" at Funky Playground Designs.
Fonts: Pea Anderson (Kevin & Amanda's Fonts for Peas), Broken 15 (Misprinted Type)


Not too much else going on around here right now. We've had a lot of storms lately. It seems unusual for this time of year. One moved in pretty quickly yesterday, and I didn't think to pick up the stuff in the yard. Kaylee and I sat and watched through the windows as the wind turned our little yard umbrella inside-out. It looked like a giant black and white striped flower. Eventually it turned right-side out again, and then just as we thought the storm was over the wind started up again and pulled the umbrella out of the ground and tossed it over the fence into the neighbors' yard. It was crazy! Apparently it landed upside-down just over the fence, so Mark was able to get a step stool and retrieve it this morning.

We've got 2½ weeks left until the kids go back to school. I think this summer has gone by faster than any I can remember. It's so hard to believe this will be Matthew's last year of middle school! Where did the time go?!?!?

Comments