Crazy Freestyle Mischief

Jess has a new kit out called Freestylin' Fall. It's loads of fun and so versatile! Here are two layouts I did with it, and I'm hoping to find time to do at least one more, since I'm itching to use the other pieces too. :)

First up is one with the kids just being their normal goofy selves a few weeks ago. :)


Kit: Freestylin' Fall by Jessica Bolton at Funky Playground Designs.
Fonts: Blackout Serif Px and Onder Px


Next is a shot of Kaylee taken that same day. I love the sparkle of fun in her eyes. :)


Journaling: Kaylee with mischief in her eyes. 9/6/09
Kit: Freestylin' Fall by Jessica Bolton at Funky Playground Designs.
Font: Bayern Handschrift NF


The kit is on sale this week, PLUS Jess has a coupon on her blog for an additional 15% off! Such a great deal!

In other news around here... well, there really isn't much news. LOL Kaylee and Mark are still suffering from allergies, but other than that, we're healthy for the moment. The kids' homework load has picked up quite a bit now that we're getting deeper into the school year, so it feels like that's all we're doing lately.

The kids, especially Kaylee, are getting really excited about Halloween already. We went and picked out Kaylee's costume this weekend. She's going to be Glinda from The Wizard of Oz. The kids saw the movie for the first time recently and loved it, so it seemed like an appropriate choice. She actually had her heart set on being a princess from the Mario Kart video game, but they don't sell pre-made costumes as far as we know (except custom-made, which was not in our budget), and she was less than confident in my ability to sew one for her. ROTFL Can't say that I blame her. It's been a long time since I sewed, and my cheap old machine is not the best, so I'm sure it would have been an exercise in frustration for both of us. I'll admit to being a bit relieved that she didn't take me up on my offer. LOL

Comments

Tania said…
Learning to sew in one of the things on my to-do list. Mario Kart princess would have been a good one. I miss Mario Kart, LOL.

Love the layouts and poo-ey on homework (shh, don't let the kids see me say stuff like that, haha!)