Christmas Morning

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! Ours was very nice – in spite of Mark and I only getting 4 hours of sleep. We were up 'til 1a.m. getting everything ready, and then about 2a.m. an overly-excited Kaylee started waking up every hour or so and wanting to get up. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! LOL We finally caved and let her (all of us) get up at around 6 o'clock. I think those movies that show the kids streaming out of their rooms excitedly in full morning light are a pretty big stretch of fiction. We've never managed to make it to dawn on either Christmas or Easter. Everything's pretty much over by the time the sun is up around here. Makes for horrible pictures. LOL

Speaking of pictures, I went a little crazy snapping them. Here are a few random favorites out of the 272 I took that "morning"! (Can you call it morning if it's still pitch dark out?) LOL

The kids, fresh out of bed, Matthew still a bit sleepy, checking out what Santa left...




Kaylee, excitedly pointing out that Santa ate the chocolate and cookies we left him...


Matthew digging into his stocking...


I love his reaction to getting this game...


Kaylee was excited that she got a note from Santa explaining that he'd given her not one, but TWO of the Barbie Three Muskateers dolls, since she'd had a hard time deciding which to put on her list.


Another great reaction shot from Matthew as Kaylee shows him the Pez collection she got. I love how expressive Matthew's face is. There are several more pics like this. I may just do a layout entitled "The Many Faces of Matthew on Christmas Morning". LOL


All in all, it was a wonderful morning. I just love seeing how excited the kids get by it all. :)

Next up, Christmas Morning Part 2! :)

Comments