New blog & Layouts!

Besides switching things up here, I also set up a new separate blog!  I’m taking a crack at doing Project 365 (photo a day) again this year.  I tried last year, but bombed out after a few months.  I haven’t decided yet what I’ll do with the photos besides posting them on the blog, but for now, hopefully there will be a photo up there for each day, along with a little explanation.  I just did a quick hack on one of the basic templates to allow me to post larger pics, so a few things are a little wonky still, but I plan to keep it simple so that the focus is just on the photos.  Anyway, after that rambling introduction, the blog is here (also linked in the gallery section of my sidebar).
On to the layouts…
PixelWorks came out with a bunch of new coordinating products for the January Artist-to-Artist at ScrapArtist.  I am in love with all the fun, vibrant colors!  I did two very different layouts.  The first is a blendy one of Kaylee from Christmas…

Journaling: Kaylee, I loved watching you run and play with complete abandon in the magic of our Christmas snow. You were so excited and enthusiastic and free. I hope you are able to hold on to that joy and wonder throughout your life… able to appreciate the moment and just… soar. Dec. ‘09
Credits: all from PixelWorks' Artist to Artist: January at ScrapArtist - A Beautiful Mess
{Watercolor Solids} and {Elements}, Crayon Scribbles.
Font: Pea Anderson

Next up, I just couldn’t resist playing around with some of the more “unique” elements, and my first ever true “quirk” emerged. It’s just for fun… the mix of the fish, crown, and tape measure was just too cute. :) Presenting… “Identity Crisis”. :)

Credits: all from PixelWorks' Artist to Artist: January at ScrapArtist - A Beautiful Mess {Watercolor Solids}, {Patterns}, {Elements}, and {Finishing Touches}; Crayon Scribbles; Crayon Alpha.
Then I dug into Pamela Donnis’ store for all kinds of delicious goodies to scrap my P365 photo from the 1st. :)

Journaling: Matthew had his New Year’s Day mug of “hot” cocoa after it had cooled. It left him with an unusual chocolate... beard? 1/1/10
Credits: By Pamela Donnis at The Digichick –
Papers, mug, labels: Homemade Happiness {Collab with Danielle Engebretson};
Stitching: Learning To Sew;
Paint: Smudged and Smeared;
Steam: Curly Whirly;
Alphas: Nearly Neutral, Magic Marker, and Cardboard Cuts.
Brads by Karah Fredricks, doodle border by Emily Merritt.
Font: Pea Anderson (Kevin & Amanda's Fonts for Peas).

That’s it for tonight! :)

Comments

Jan said…
Your blog looks great, Kim. I wish mine looked this good. :)
Tania said…
Oh Wow Kim! Your blog looks fantastic!! The pieces that overlap the center column are a great touch! Awesome work lady!!
Unknown said…
Fantastic layouts!!!
Tania said…
I can't comment at your new blog for some weird reason. It won't take my Wordpress account, and I never sign into gmail, so there's no way to leave a comment. But I love your latest photo!!
Melinda said…
Love the new look of your blog, Kim! and the new LOs too- still loving your quirky little (big?) fish ;)