Layouts: Speak Marble-ous

I love that not only does PixelWorks continue to create fabulous funky eye candy, but she also comes up with such unique inspiring products that spur stories in themselves. I couldn’t help but ask the kids to pose for me and answer the prompts in “Hear Me Out”. They had a blast coming up with their answers. :D

Matthew’s list:
My honest opinion: I like math more than any other subject.
Believe me when I say: Pie is the best food in the world, and I mean the BEST... if it is apple.
This I know is true: I’m displaying great amounts of knowledge, but I don’t know the answers to any simple problems.
This is what I think: Wizard 101 is awesome! Why am I wasting my time here?
I want you to know: I like the subjects in school; I just don’t like school because there’s too much work.
Kaylee’s list:
My honest opinion: That shirt’s ugly. Just kidding.
Believe me when I say: Pigs fly!!!
This I know is true: You are a monkey!
This is what I think: If I was a cupcake I would be scared and extra sweet!
I want you to know: Never hire a fish as an employee and pay it! EAT IT!!!!!
Border journaling:
I love the kids’ responses when asked to complete these prompts. Such a fabulous snapshot of each of their unique senses of humor and what they had on their minds. As usual, Kaylee was all about being as silly as possible, and it’s fairly obvious that Matthew’s state of mind was heavily influenced by an all-too-typical rather long evening of homework. November 3, 2010. Matthew, 11, 6th grade. Kaylee, 8, 3rd grade.

Random and Retro papers and Hear Me Out elements by PixelWorks at The Lilypad.
fonts: Blackout Serif Px (Pixilate) , Dirty Ego (Misprinted Type), Pea Jenny & Pea Cari (Kevin & Amanda's Fonts for Peas), LD Remington Portable (Lettering Delights)

This collab with the cool paper-piecing queen, Jacque Larsen, was perfect to scrap this example of Matthew’s creativity last month. :)

Journaling: Matthew often plays with his toys in creative and somewhat unconventional ways. On this particular occasion, he spent the morning recreating the battlefields of the Wizard 101 online game using marbles, coasters, dice, and small action figures. Oct. 10, 2010

kit:
Jack of All Toys by PixelWorks and Jacque Larsen at The Lilypad
font: Pea Anderson (Kevin & Amanda's Fonts for Peas)

That’s it for today! Have a terrific week! :)

Comments

Tania said…
Your layouts are looking so fabulous lady!! Seems like you are staying very busy!