Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes in store

In November it was decided that my digi design home, ScrapDish, where I have been selling my products for the past 5½ years, would close its doors at the end of this year. After the closing was announced, a wonderful, amazing thing happened and a buyer stepped forward. I’m so thrilled that ScrapDish will be staying open! I’m sure the new owner will do an absolutely fabulous job, and I’m really looking forward to seeing what she has in store. (No pun intended.) But after my head stopped spinning from that emotional rollercoaster, I decided the time was right to go forward with the closing of my store. It’s so hard to believe that happy ScrapDish logo won’t be a part of my daily life anymore.

SDlogo

I wish I had taken screenshots of all of the different site layouts over the years. I do have this one of the main page from when I first joined the store. Unfortunately, I shrunk it way down for my blog configuration at the time, and I don’t seem to have the original size.

060331-scrapdish

I still remember how excited I was to be invited to join the store. If you dig way back through the history on this blog (which I don’t advise, unless you want read lots of rambling about my issues with minor illnesses, computer viruses, and laundry), you’ll find that my designing began as one portion of my duties on the RAKScraps creative team. I didn’t have aspirations to design when I applied to the team, much less sell my designs; it was just part of the gig, which back then was an all-in-one everyone-did-everything kind of a deal. I just loved the community at RAKS and wanted so much to be a part of the team… as well as getting my hands on all of those amazing sponsor kits they got to scrap with! :)

How awesome it was for me that the owner of the site at the time also owned ScrapDish and eventually invited me to join! She’d actually been trying to convince me for a while that I needed to find a place to sell my designs, but I wasn’t interested enough, and didn’t have enough confidence in my designs, to pursue it until the opportunity was thrown in my lap. :)

Designing has become such an integral part of my life now that it’s hard for me to imagine what I would be doing with my time if I hadn’t found it. I still get a rush from being inspired by some random object or photograph and seeing it turn into something to be used to help capture memories or express the feelings of a moment. I love seeing my designs used on a layout and going “that’s exactly how I pictured that being used” or “wow, I never would have thought to use that piece in that way”! The creativity never ceases to amaze me. :)

So all that said, I do plan to keep designing, but for now, I’m having a closing sale to say goodbye to my home at ScrapDish…

1112-store-closing

I've placed everything in my store (except collabs) on sale at 50-75% off! Many of these products may never be sold again, so if there's something you've had your eye on, make sure you grab it now!
kate-2clbs
My first two collabs with Kate Hadfield, Srsly Stoked and Audaciously Awesome, are also on sale at 30% off, so this is a great time to pick those up as well! Hurry over to ScrapDish and shop now! My store closes December 31st!

Comments